Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A.T.G Women

The new A.T.G Womens Range just hit stores & to be quite honest its a brand i am thrilled to be supporting! It encompasses everything i love about fashion design - unique concepts, fabric experimentation & high end styling!

Designer Nikki Penny & I sat down for a cuppa in store, 
discussing the range & our love of rock n roll music!

What is the A.T.G brand about?
A.T.G Women is a big question mark? It’s an experiment, an idea that completely reflects my attitude and beliefs at any given time. It’s not aimed at everyone or anyone in particular. 
It’s a feeling, an expression of me that is channeled through clothing.
It is unique and conceptual while being at the same time quite simplistic, it follows no rules and develops of its own accord, I'm merely a tool it uses to exist.


With the latest winter collection, I’ve noticed a few specialty fabrics can you tell us about them?
During the 1930’s to the 60’s was a definitive time for fabric experimentation and manipulation, resulting in synthetic fabrics that I love and like to incorporate into each collection. I use a lot of polyesters, lycra/spandex, nylons and my favourite, Neoprene! I feel a lot of designers forget these great fabrics that were born out of necessity during and after World War 2. For me these fabrics hold memories and history and I love seeing them put into modern shapes.

What are your future expectations for A.T.G?
As I said before A.T.G women as a label has a mind of it’s own, I help it along its path. One day it decided to exist and is evolving and changing constantly before my eyes, it chooses it’s own direction. For summer we’ve worked on a small bikini range all made from fluro neoprene that is wicked and an area I never expected to explore. I expect A.T.G to challenge and look after me as I it.


What are you listening to at the moment?
My old records, in particular 2 albums: Deep Purple - The Book of Taliesyn, which explores progression and expansion of creativity on a musical level that I feel I can connect with strongly right now and 
Black Sabbath’s - Vol. 4, an album I’ve always listened to and appreciated, Changes is my ultimate song!


What inspires you right now?
Helping and giving back, I’m gaining a lot of inspiration through doing. 
Right now I’ve been chosen to accomplish tasks that require selflessness, patience, understanding and sacrifice. Through listening and doing this I’m receptive to inspiration from anything and everything that is around me, it makes me a better and clearer creative being.






Awesome chick, epic taste in tunes, fantastic range & many great things to come from Nikki + A.T.G Women.

You can SHOP the current A.T.G Womens range here.


The End
X

follow THE END COLLECTIVE :


Instagram : theendcollective


No comments:

Post a Comment